* Bindings for global minor modes
@ 2005-04-20  0:54 Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-04-20  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

A while ago, I put tooltip-mode on mode-line-mode-menu (mode-line mouse-3)
because I saw line-number-mode there. In actual fact, these are the only two
global minor modes on this binding. Perhaps it should be reserved for local
minor modes i.e ones that need to be set from each mode-line. Then
line-number-mode, tooltip-mode (and tool-bar-mode?) could be put on the options
item of the menu-bar alongside blink-cursor-mode (another global minor mode).

What do people think?

Nick

* Re: Bindings for global minor modes
@ 2005-04-20  2:02 ` Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2005-04-20  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Nick Roberts wrote:

   A while ago, I put tooltip-mode on mode-line-mode-menu (mode-line mouse-3)
   because I saw line-number-mode there. In actual fact, these are the only two
   global minor modes on this binding.

column-number-mode is also global and on mode-line-mode-menu.

   Then line-number-mode, tooltip-mode (and tool-bar-mode?) could be
   put on the options item of the menu-bar alongside blink-cursor-mode
   (another global minor mode).

{line,column}-number-mode and tool-bar-mode are already on the menu bar
under Show/Hide.

Sincerely,

Luc.

* Re: Bindings for global minor modes
@ 2005-04-20  2:30   ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-04-20  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 > {line,column}-number-mode and tool-bar-mode are already on the menu bar
 > under Show/Hide.

OK. How about if I just move tooltip-mode there?

@ 2005-04-20 21:42     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2005-04-20 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: teirllm, emacs-devel

     > {line,column}-number-mode and tool-bar-mode are already on the menu bar
     > under Show/Hide.

    OK. How about if I just move tooltip-mode there?

I think it fits there.