* problem with released version of emacs21.3
@ 2003-05-30  9:17 John Covici
From: John Covici @ 2003-05-30  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have verified that the released version of emacs 21.3 does not
contain the changes to the ms windows port which enable the system
caret to track the cursor and be made visible.  I would like to know
the rational behind this -- I have to tell people to get cvs and this
may cause problems for some, so I just was wondering what was going
on.

Thanks.

--
         John Covici
         covici@ccs.covici.com

* Re: problem with released version of emacs21.3
@ 2003-05-31 13:08 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2003-05-31 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

John Covici <covici@ccs.covici.com> writes:

> I have verified that the released version of emacs 21.3 does not
> contain the changes to the ms windows port which enable the system
> caret to track the cursor and be made visible.  I would like to know
> the rational behind this

21.3 contained important bugfixes only, as will 21.4.

> -- I have to tell people to get cvs and this may cause problems for
> some, so I just was wondering what was going on.

Somebody has made a precompiled binary of CVS Emacs for Windows
available. Search the archives of help-emacs-windows@gnu.org from
about a month ago.

* Re: problem with released version of emacs21.3
@ 2003-05-31 14:15   ` John covici
From: John covici @ 2003-05-31 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: John Covici

OK, thanks much, but when could we expect such changes to be in the
main stream emacs?

I did find the message you mentioned -- I will try to check  whether
it will work under various systems.

Thanks.

on  05/31/2003 Jason Rumney(jasonr@gnu.org) wrote

--