* Zipped image file
@ 2019-09-06 21:04 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2019-09-06 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Suppose one uses bzip2 to compress a PNG file, foo.png ---> foo.png.bzip2. Visiting this file, Emacs says that cannot display the image because cannot determine the image type. The file is shown using (Fundamental Image) mode and only its codes are displayed (something like '\123'). Is this to be expected (master build)? I think it is decompressed but only its 'textual' nature is displayed not the image. Is there a command M-x ... I can use to convert that 'text' in image?

With text file, for example, visiting foo.txt.bzip2 works, the file is decompressed and readable.

Thanks,
  Angelo.