* Information about contributions on the Emacs site at gnu.org
@ 2024-03-03  2:58 Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2024-03-03  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: nicolas

There is no obvious section addressing contributions on the site. The only reference to contributions is in "Reporting bugs"

"To report bugs, or to contribute fixes and improvements, use the built-in Emacs bug reporter (M-x report-emacs-bug) or send email to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org."

It seems to me that we could have something a bit more fleshed out. Is it OK to make a proposal?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary
@jchelary@emacs.ch

* Re: Information about contributions on the Emacs site at gnu.org
@ 2024-03-03  7:03 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-03-03  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe Helary; +Cc: emacs-devel, nicolas

> Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 02:58:07 +0000
> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traductaire-libre.org>
> Cc: nicolas@petton.fr
>
> There is no obvious section addressing contributions on the site. The only reference to contributions is in "Reporting bugs"
>
> "To report bugs, or to contribute fixes and improvements, use the built-in Emacs bug reporter (M-x report-emacs-bug) or send email to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org."

It goes on to mention CONTRIBUTE as well.

> It seems to me that we could have something a bit more fleshed out. Is it OK to make a proposal?

Proposals are always welcome, but maybe before starting a serious work
you could tell what kind "something" you had in mind?

Also, please note that the Web pages are maintained in a separate CVS
repository at cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/web/emacs.

* Re: Information about contributions on the Emacs site at gnu.org
@ 2024-03-03  8:44   ` Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2024-03-03  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel, nicolas

> On Mar 3, 2024, at 16:03, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> There is no obvious section addressing contributions on the site. The
>> only reference to contributions is in "Reporting bugs"
>>
>> "To report bugs, or to contribute fixes and improvements, use the
>> built-in Emacs bug reporter (M-x report-emacs-bug) or send email to
>> bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org."
>
> It goes on to mention CONTRIBUTE as well.

I know.

>> It seems to me that we could have something a bit more fleshed out. Is
>> it OK to make a proposal?
>
> Proposals are always welcome, but maybe before starting a serious work
> you could tell what kind "something" you had in mind?

I will.

> Also, please note that the Web pages are maintained in a separate CVS
> repository at cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/web/emacs.

Noted. Thank you.