* Make error
@ 2003-04-24  7:56 Bill Wohler
From: Bill Wohler @ 2003-04-24  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Perhaps the person who introduced the following compilation error would
be able to find and fix this. I could not find the problem. Thanks!

$ cvs co emacs
$ cd emacs
$ ./configure
$ make bootstrap
./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap
Using load-path (/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/language /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/international /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/textmodes)
Invalid read syntax: ")"
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/emacs/src'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

* Re: Make error
@ 2003-04-24 22:00 Bill Wohler
From: Bill Wohler @ 2003-04-24 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> writes:

> Perhaps the person who introduced the following compilation error would
> be able to find and fix this. I could not find the problem. Thanks!

Thanks, someone seemed to have fixed the problem I previously reported.

The complication still does not complete:

    ../src/bootstrap-emacs -batch --no-site-file --multibyte -l autoload --eval '(setq generated-autoload-file "/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el")' -f batch-update-autoloads $wins
    Directories: /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/calc /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/gnus /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/calendar /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/emulation /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/eshell /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/international /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/language /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/mail /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/mh-e /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/obsolete /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/play /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/term /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/textmodes /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/toolbar
    File local-variables error: (error "Local variables entry is terminated incorrectly")
    Generating autoloads for add-log.el...
    Generating autoloads for add-log.el...done
    Generating autoloads for add-log.el...
    Generating autoloads for add-log.el...done
    Generating autoloads for add-log.el...
    Generating autoloads for add-log.el...done
    Generating autoloads for add-log.el...
    Generating autoloads for add-log.el...done

The make seems to be in an infinite loop at this point. Each "Generating
autoloads for add-log.el" takes approximately twice as long as the last.
After about 20 of these messages and 30 minutes later (1.5 GHz machine),
I gave up.

* Re: Make error
@ 2003-04-25  3:41 Bill Wohler
From: Bill Wohler @ 2003-04-25  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> writes:

> Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> writes:
>
>> Perhaps the person who introduced the following compilation error would
>> be able to find and fix this. I could not find the problem. Thanks!
>
> Thanks, someone seemed to have fixed the problem I previously reported.
>
> The complication still does not complete:

Someone should come forward and take a bow. Emacs now compiles. Thanks
for your quick response!