* Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/etc/NEWS
       [not found] <E170TwI-0002ni-00@subversions.gnu.org>
@ 2002-04-25  5:14 ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-04-25  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   From: Colin Walters <walters@debian.org>
   Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:04:34 -0400

Hi Colin,

   > + ** By default, Emacs now uses a setgid helper program to update game
   > + scores.  Game scores are normally stored in ${prefix}/var/games/emacs.
   > + This may be controlled by the configure option `--with-game-dir'.  The
   > + specific user that Emacs uses to own the game scores is controlled by
   > + `--with-game-user'.  If access to a game user is not available

should the default be ${prefix}/var/games/emacs?
Ie. /usr/local/var/games/emacs in the default case? I just changed my build
script and added --with-game-dir=/var/games/emacs, because I use prefix
/usr and do not want it to be in /usr/var/games/emacs.
--
Pavel Janík

It's entirely untested, but it looks good and compiles. Ship it!
                  -- Linus Torvalds in linux-kernel

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/etc/NEWS
@ 2002-04-25 19:31   ` Colin Walters
From: Colin Walters @ 2002-04-25 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 01:14, Pavel Janík wrote:

> should the default be ${prefix}/var/games/emacs?

Actually what I wrote there was wrong; the default is really
${localstatedir}/games/emacs.  Fixed.

> Ie. /usr/local/var/games/emacs in the default case?

This will end up being the default case, yes.  Do you have a suggestion
for something better?

I just changed my build
> script and added --with-game-dir=/var/games/emacs, because I use prefix
> /usr and do not want it to be in /usr/var/games/emacs.

You could also use --localstatedir=/var.  This is what the Debian
packages will do, for sure.