On 10/11/2022 14:19, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Max Nikulin writes: > >> P.S. At first I believed that you have some objections concerning >> changed role of the first function in the list, not just how it is >> documented. > > I had. Most importantly, because we are changing the existing meaning of > `org-attach-id-to-path-function-list'. However, the only scenario where > it actually matters is the bug report at hand. So, there will be no > regression. Since the change relaxes requirements for `org-attach-id-to-path-function-list' members, it should not be a breaking change. I have realized that it allows to mix e.g. UUID and timestamp IDs in the single file and still follow storage policy for each one. Earlier change of `org-id-method' caused subdirs for timestamps created like for UUID or vice versa. Actually with a cumbersome function it was possible earlier as well, but now particular ID to subdir functions may be unaware of other ID methods. > However, please add NEWS entry detailing the change in > `org-attach-id-to-path-function-list' to the next version of the patch. See the attachment.