emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Org links and Flatpak firefox
@ 2022-07-02 16:03 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2022-07-02 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I've just upgraded to Kubuntu 22.04. Firefox is no longer instsallable via
apt so I chose flatpak over snap. Now when I C-c C-o (org-open-at-point) on
a URL, Firefox comes to the foreground, but nothing else happens. The page
does not load. If I 'xdg-open URL' then the URL loads, so the system
outside of emacs does interact correctly with the flatpak app.

Can anyone advise how to get Org (or emacs) to play well with 3rd-party
flatpak'd apps?

/grumble - I get that these new installation methods are solving a
dependency problem, but it feels like a step backward. I can't
drag-and-drop images onto some apps, icons appear as generic X11 rather
than the app icon in the task switcher, etc. Oh well. I guess this is
progress.

Thanks,

  -k.