On 16/11/2021 14:43, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Max Nikulin writes: > >> Better docs and some restriction on defcustom values were discussed earlier: >> https://list.orgmode.org/87k0oyd3pw.fsf@nicolasgoaziou.fr/ >> Nicolas Goaziou. Re: Using backticks for the inline code delimeter? Mon, >> 19 Apr 2021 11:27:07 +0200 >> >> Sorry, I have not prepared a patch. I am not confident with defcustom >> fine tuning and have not experimented with it since that time. > > Maybe something like the attached? My draft version is attached. Ihor, thank you for inspiration. Feel free to improve it. I hope, it makes problem more apparent to user who tries to customize markers. Have I missed some undesired side effects? Unfortunately with "set" type in defcustom "catch inappropriate" item is not hidden for valid configuration. I do not mind if you commit any variant.