On 21/01/2021 07:58, Christopher Miles wrote: > > I "=git am=" your first patch, but failed to apply your second patch. Seems not > continuous. So I modify code manually. I found I can't find the local variable > ~shell-command~, and ~shell-command-switch~. Can your provide complete patch? So I > can test it. Second patch is an alternative to the first one. I could do 'git apply org-open-file-make-process-min.patch' to the current master with no conflict. However you are right, it should be ~shell-file-name~, not ~shell-command~. There is a typo in ~shell-command-switch~. Both ~shell-file-name~ and ~shell-command-switch~ are defined in emacs sources, they are not local variables. I do not think that the first patch could be accepted in any form. Launching a handler without shell is a serious change. However trying to rewrite that part, I realized that original code has a problem. I intentionally do not add formal patch description since I suppose that error reporting should be improved.