emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Adding Quick Notes in Org-mode Agenda View Inserts then In Drawer in Reverse Order
@ 2021-03-29 22:20 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2021-03-29 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

I use org-agenda frequently for getting an overview of my work. I
clock-in when I start working on something. I often find myself needing
to add a note to the task I am working on. To do that from the Agenda
view, I run org-agenda-add-note. I add typical notes like what my
findings are, anything I did related to the task, but it is nothing
related to notes about why the task changed status (at least not always).

However, I do have in my config

  (setq org-log-into-drawer t)

which should add clocking into my LOGBOOK drawer by default. I
discovered however that org-mode adds my notes in the LOGBOOK drawer. I
am not sure why, but it appears that these notes are considered "status
notes" (?) and thus by org-log-into-drawer documentation are logged into
the drawer. I am not certain if this is correct.

This setup, works fine except for two cases:

a. When I want to export my notes to HTML, exporters will ignore the
   LOGBOOK, and I would like to export my notes.
b. Notes are ordered in reverse: newer notes are put first.

Because of this behavior, I suspect that I am hijacking the notion of
"status change notes" and using them as notes.

My questions are:

1. Am I using the notes correctly in org?
2. If not, what is equivalence of adding quick notes into a task
   (ideally, with time stamp of sort)?
3. If yes, then how can I work around the limitations (a) and (b)?

--
Husain Alshehhi

* Adding Quick Notes in Org-mode Agenda View Inserts then In Drawer in Reverse Order
@ 2021-03-30 22:03 Husain Alshehhi