emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [BUG] Editing link hides text
@ 2022-06-21  2:14 Tor Kringeland
From: Tor Kringeland @ 2022-06-21  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Using Org 9.6 with Emacs 29, write a link:

  [[123][test]]

Most of the text will then be hidden, with "test" showing as a link, as
expected.  However if I remove the last ], the link highlighting
disappears and only "test" is shown like regular text (/i.e./ instead of
"[[123][test]" as would be expected).  If I insert a character at the
end or move the text, it is updated and "[[123][test]" shows as
expected.

(This bug does not occur in Org 9.5 for me.)

* Re: [BUG] Editing link hides text
@ 2022-06-21  2:20 ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-06-21  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Berry

Confirmed with 'emacs -Q -L ./lisp/ -l org' on latest version of Org.

@Ihor, can you help push me in the right direction in terms of where in the codebase this issue might lie, so that I can examine the related section myself, and also bug a related maintainer about this?

Thanks,

Sam

@ 2022-06-21  2:28   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-21  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Banya; +Cc: Charles Berry

"Samuel Banya" <sbanya@fastmail.com> writes:

> Confirmed with 'emacs -Q -L ./lisp/ -l org' on latest version of Org.
>
> @Ihor, can you help push me in the right direction in terms of where in the codebase this issue might lie, so that I can examine the related section myself, and also bug a related maintainer about this?

It is most likely a bug with org-fold-catch-invisible-edits and
org-fold-check-before-invisible-edit.
And it is likely related to fontification code, which may be tricky.

I am the related maintainer :)

Best,
Ihor

* Re: [BUG] Editing link hides text
@ 2022-06-21 12:28 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-21 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tor Kringeland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Tor Kringeland <tor.kringeland@ntnu.no> writes:

> Most of the text will then be hidden, with "test" showing as a link, as
> expected.  However if I remove the last ], the link highlighting
> disappears and only "test" is shown like regular text (/i.e./ instead of
> "[[123][test]" as would be expected).  If I insert a character at the
> end or move the text, it is updated and "[[123][test]" shows as
> expected.

Fixed on main via 7c61a3a80.

Best,
Ihor