On 2016-03-12 22:36, John Kitchin writes: > I guess these are defined in backends, e.g. org-latex-link. Ah, yes, thanks a lot. Unfortunately this approach does not work because org-add-link-type uses a function whose argument do not contain enough information to call the backend functions (for instance the first argument is a string in org-add-link-type, and it's an org link in the backend functions). I went back to the macro approach, and with the addition of org-latex-prefer-user-labels it works great. Thanks again, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Monthly Athmospheric CO₂ (2016-02, Mauna Loa Obs.): 404.02