emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Suggestion with footnotes when toggling headlines into plain lists
@ 2022-08-06  8:26 Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2022-08-06  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

When turning headlines into plain lists ~(org-ctrl-c-minus)~, I think
footnotes should be moved to the bottom of the main headline.

Example; Original headlines:

* Main headline
** Headline 1
bbbbbbbb [fn:1]

[fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
* Headline 2

~C-c -~ turns that into a list where footnotes definitions can't be
found. It gives, for example, problems when exporting or when more
footnotes are added:

* Main headline
- Headline 1
   bbbbbbbb [fn:1]

   [fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
- Headline 2

The desired outcome, could be something like this:

* Main headline
- Headline 1
   bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
- Headline 2
[fn:1] cccccccccccccccc

* Re: Suggestion with footnotes when toggling headlines into plain lists
@ 2022-08-07 11:29 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-07 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: Org-mode

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> When turning headlines into plain lists ~(org-ctrl-c-minus)~, I think
> footnotes should be moved to the bottom of the main headline.
>
> Example; Original headlines:
>
> * Main headline
> ** Headline 1
> bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
>
> [fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
> * Headline 2
>

> ~C-c -~ turns that into a list where footnotes definitions can't be
> found. It gives, for example, problems when exporting or when more
> footnotes are added:
>
> * Main headline
> - Headline 1
>    bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
>
>    [fn:1] cccccccccccccccc
> - Headline 2

Confirmed.

Transforming footnote-definition into footnote-reference is not intended
and should be considered a bug.

> The desired outcome, could be something like this:
>
> * Main headline
> - Headline 1
>    bbbbbbbb [fn:1]
> - Headline 2