this is a result of some help I received a few days ago in the #emacs irc chat room on freenode. I was wondering why we were adding a semicolon in front of names, before creating symbols, and I understand this is because such symbols work as keys.  next, I could not find how we were taking advantage of this in the code, asked further, looked for references and examples, and discovered how to use `cl-destructuring-bind' to define something looking and behaving like a `let' block, based on the content of a plist. hope this helps. I have signed my FSF papers, and received confirmation of reception. ciao, Mario