On 31/01/2021 23:33, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Maxim Nikulin >> Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 22:57:57 +0700 >> Cc: 44824@debbugs.gnu.org >> >>>> To fix the problem it is better to use (make-process :connection-type >>>> 'pipe ...) that unfortunately has no higher level wrappers. >>> >>> Wouldn't it work to let-bind process-connection-type to nil around the >>> function that starts the async subprocess? >> >> Sorry, for me it easier to reason how to express it in terms of system >> calls and terminal process groups than if let-bind could override a >> variable when lexical-bind is set to true. > > Well, I think we should try this, because if it works, it will show us > a way to fix the problem. (I don't see how lexical-binding could > interfere with let-binding.) I have prepared a patch that uses `make-process'. I hope, error reporting is improved a bit, but in the case of this particular problem failure is still quiet since xdg-open exits successfully. I could not estimate effect of such change on windows, so pipe process is used only on linux. I am unsure concerning mac however. Another question is if failure message should be suppressed when `waiting-for-user-input-p' returns truth to keep user prompt and input unaffected.