Hi, The new document seems much clearer. It makes a nice complement to the manual and we should definitely lose the (draft). Thank you Timothy for the work. > Lastly, having spent a while looking at the syntax, I’m wondering if > we should take this opportunity to mark some of the syntactic elements > we’ve become less happy with as *(depreciated)*. I’m specifically > thinking of the TeX-style LaTeX fragments which have been a bit of a > pain. To quote Nicolas in org-syntax.org: > > It would introduce incompatibilities with previous Org versions, > but support for |$...$| (and for symmetry, |$$...$$|) constructs > ought to be removed. > > They are slow to parse, fragile, redundant and imply false > positives. — ngz > This quote has been mentioned a few times lately, and no one has yet spoken in favor of the $…$ syntax, so I'll have a quick go. It is easier to use, easier to read and more commonly used (and known) in tex documents (a quick web search for sample tex documents confirms the latter). Removing this syntax would make org slightly harder to pick up, with respect to writing scientific documents. As for the listed shortcomings, I don't think we know whether its slowness is significant and false positives can be avoided by using the \dollar entity (possibly ?). In my own use, the only usability issue I can think of is false negatives while writing : inserting a space or other such characters at the end of a snippet removes the fontification (I solve this by modifying the fontification regexps). Regards, -- Sébastien Miquel