emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* JS2 Syntax Highlighting for Source Blocks
       [not found] <4a4f6286-0600-4e6a-90b9-174257e19a48@Spark>
@ 2020-09-12 19:04 ` CRSHCMDR
From: CRSHCMDR @ 2020-09-12 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is it possible to use js2-mode instead of js-mode for the syntax highlighting of code blocks in org-mode? The reason that I ask is that the current js-mode syntax highlighting leaves something to be desired, and is from my perspective broken. For instance after declaring a variable, the usage of that variable is no longer highlighted. You can see the difference here https://imgur.com/a/4b2LyhE.

I have tried using the ‘org-src-lang-modes, but I’m either not setting it correctly, or I’m barking up the wrong tree.

Very Respectfully,
Brandon

* Re: JS2 Syntax Highlighting for Source Blocks
@ 2020-09-13  1:44   ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2020-09-13  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CRSHCMDR; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

CRSHCMDR <typkrft@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to use js2-mode instead of js-mode for the syntax highlighting of code blocks in org-mode? The reason that I ask is that the current js-mode syntax highlighting leaves something to be desired, and is from my perspective broken. For instance after declaring a variable, the usage of that variable is no longer highlighted. You can see the difference here https://imgur.com/a/4b2LyhE.
>
> I have tried using the ‘org-src-lang-modes, but I’m either not setting it correctly, or I’m barking up the wrong tree.

What happens if you just use 'js2' as the language in the source block
header instead of javascript?

--
Tim Cross

* Re: JS2 Syntax Highlighting for Source Blocks
@ 2020-09-13  2:01     ` CRSHCMDR
From: CRSHCMDR @ 2020-09-13  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: emacs-orgmode