A bit more clarity ... * If the task clock is activated on a TODO in the agenda, * and closed quickly enough that the elapsed time is 0:00, * then MOMENTARILY the agenda shows the CURRENT WALLCLOCK TIME. * The actual logbook entry shows the correct 0:00 elapsed task time. * And when the agenda is merely REFRESHED the wallclock time is replaced with the 0:00. So there seems to be NO BUG.  It's just an odd transient behavior which I now noticed only because of tracking "time" on some small tasks. Definitely not worth touching brittle code.  "It's just how it is." And that's ok!  :-) Thank you for your attention to this matter which now is clearly smaller than expected. On 10/16/23 02:38, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Daniel Ortmann writes: > >> No, no, not clock check mode. >> >> - I created a TODO with a scheduled time that repeats.  When completed >> it remains alive to be scheduled the next day. >> >> - I started the clock on that TODO task. >> >> - Then completed the task with 't' in the Agenda view. >> >> - The task's "clock time" shows in the log ... i.e. how much time I >> spent completing that task. > Ok. Got it. > >> ==>> Previously, a day or so ago, the current local time was recorded in >> the Agenda log rather than the "clock time" (i.e. rather than the time >> spent to complete the task). >> >> ==>> Now, the current "clock time" again is correctly recorded in the log. > I looked into the code, and I do have a feeling that it is brittle > (agenda is a very old and convoluted code), but without a concrete > reproducer I wouldn't dare to touch it. > >> I hope the screen captured images came across in the previous email? >> They should help explain. > I indeed did not notice the attachments - they were not indicated in the > plain/text part of the email. They indeed did help to explain things. >