emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* LaTeX fragment preview weirdness
@ 2021-06-02 16:53 Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2021-06-02 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

First, I'm using Emacs 27.2 and Org 9.4.6.

I have the following code in an Org file:

#+latex_header: \hypersetup{pdfauthor={Author},pdftitle={Title},pdfsubject={Subject},pdfkeywords={keyword},pdfproducer={Emacs Org},pdfcreator={pdflatex}}
#+latex_header: \hypersetup{colorlinks=true,urlcolor=blue,linkcolor=black}

The above lines are in a section at the end of my document.

When I do C-c C-x C-l in a section (or with a fragment at point), the following appears above every  fragment that is previewed:

pdfauthor=Author,pdftitle=Title,pdfsubject=Subject,pdfkeywords=keyword,pdfproducer=Emacs Org,pdfcreator=pdflatex colorlinks=true,urlcolor=blue,linkcolor=black

Here is a sample section from my Org file:

--BEGIN--

* Distance Formula

Let $d$ be the distance between $(x_{1}, y_{1})$ and $(x_{2}, y_{2})$.
\[
d=\sqrt{\left(x_{1}-x_{2}\right)^{2}+\left(y_{1}-y_{2}\right)^{2}}
\]

--END--

Scott Randby

* Re: LaTeX fragment preview weirdness
@ 2021-06-02 17:28 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2021-06-02 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

> First, I'm using Emacs 27.2 and Org 9.4.6.
>
> I have the following code in an Org file:
>
> #+latex_header: \hypersetup{pdfauthor={Author},pdftitle={Title},pdfsubject={Subject},pdfkeywords={keyword},pdfproducer={Emacs Org},pdfcreator={pdflatex}}
> #+latex_header: \hypersetup{colorlinks=true,urlcolor=blue,linkcolor=black}
>
> The above lines are in a section at the end of my document.
>
> When I do C-c C-x C-l in a section (or with a fragment at point), the following appears above every  fragment that is previewed:
>
> pdfauthor=Author,pdftitle=Title,pdfsubject=Subject,pdfkeywords=keyword,pdfproducer=Emacs Org,pdfcreator=pdflatex colorlinks=true,urlcolor=blue,linkcolor=black
>
> Here is a sample section from my Org file:
>
> --BEGIN--
>
> * Distance Formula
>
> Let $d$ be the distance between $(x_{1}, y_{1})$ and $(x_{2}, y_{2})$.
> \[
> d=\sqrt{\left(x_{1}-x_{2}\right)^{2}+\left(y_{1}-y_{2}\right)^{2}}
> \]
>
> --END--

You probably want #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA, not #+LATEX_HEADER. Do

   (info "(org) Latex header and sectioning")

where it says:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
   The LaTeX export back-end appends values from ‘LATEX_HEADER’ and
‘LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA’ keywords to the LaTeX header.  The docstring for
‘org-latex-classes’ explains in more detail.  Also note that LaTeX
export back-end does not append ‘LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA’ to the header when
previewing LaTeX snippets (see *note Previewing LaTeX fragments::).
#+END_QUOTE

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler

* Re: LaTeX fragment preview weirdness
@ 2021-06-02 18:19   ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2021-06-02 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 6/2/21 1:28 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> You probably want #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA, not #+LATEX_HEADER. Do
>
>     (info "(org) Latex header and sectioning")
>
> where it says:
>
> #+BEGIN_QUOTE
>     The LaTeX export back-end appends values from ‘LATEX_HEADER’ and
> ‘LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA’ keywords to the LaTeX header.  The docstring for
> ‘org-latex-classes’ explains in more detail.  Also note that LaTeX
> export back-end does not append ‘LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA’ to the header when
> previewing LaTeX snippets (see *note Previewing LaTeX fragments::).
> #+END_QUOTE

That worked after I deleted the old images in the ltximg directory. I hardly ever preview LaTeX fragments, but I'm changing #+latex_header: to #+latex_header_extra: everywhere.

Thanks,
Scott

* Re: LaTeX fragment preview weirdness
@ 2021-06-03 19:54     ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2021-06-03 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On 6/2/21 1:28 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> You probably want #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA, not #+LATEX_HEADER. Do
>>
>>     (info "(org) Latex header and sectioning")
>>
>> where it says:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_QUOTE
>>     The LaTeX export back-end appends values from ‘LATEX_HEADER’ and
>> ‘LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA’ keywords to the LaTeX header.  The docstring for
>> ‘org-latex-classes’ explains in more detail.  Also note that LaTeX
>> export back-end does not append ‘LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA’ to the header when
>> previewing LaTeX snippets (see *note Previewing LaTeX fragments::).
>> #+END_QUOTE
>>
> On 6/2/21 2:19 PM, Scott Randby wrote:
>
> That worked after I deleted the old images in the ltximg directory. I hardly ever preview LaTeX fragments, but I'm changing #+latex_header: to #+latex_header_extra: everywhere.

I had to do a little extra work to get subtree export to work properly. Subtree export appears to also not append ‘LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA’ to the header. I had to add the values I need to the properties of the subtree using 'EXPORT_LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA'. This actually cleaned up a lot of the code, but it was work I'd been putting off.

Scott