Now this idea I like! Thanks for this, I didn't think about using the Git repo as a SECONDARY backup source. Also, using Nextcloud sounds like a neat idea. I'm into Self-Hosting stuff myself nowadays but am starting out small (ex: Just bought an old Dell Optiplex from eBay, put 2 HDDs into it, planning on using it for HDD backups, and as a Git server). However, this sounds like an awesome workflow, as I did not consider to host Nextcloud. Awesome idea, thank you for this, Juan! On Fri, Jun 11, 2021, at 10:30 AM, Juan Manuel MacĂ­as wrote: > Samuel Banya writes: > > > I'm okay with git repos for dot files or some kind of programming > > project but yeah, I've been debating something else for an org based > > repo cause I too have almost had my 'life.org' be completely destroyed > > with a merge event. > > I have all my everyday Org documents in a Nextcloud folder, but only > because I work between the desktop PC and the laptop. I sync using a > script with nextcloud-cmd, not via the Nextcloud app, which I find it > somewhat intrusive. And with another script I do every week a backup of > that folder to a git repo. But this repo is secondary and is only for > keep some backups (I also keep a weekly backup of Elpa folders ---last > versions--- there, in case some update breaks something). > > Best regards, > > Juan Manuel > > > >