Ah, Ledger is way too complicated for what it's worth. I've seen videos on YouTube about it, and every person who's praised it is pretty much too smart enough to be able to explain it in simple terms. I don't like how manual and frequent it is, and for my use case, I just download .csvs from my bank. For what I use it for, Org Mode gets close. I just needed to figure out how I can make those formulas actually work in this scenario using Emacs with Elisp itself. There's gotta be a way to do this, since its weird how the individual rows don't have individual formulas. That's the big weird thing for me personally. Sincerely, Sam On Sun, Jan 9, 2022, at 5:37 PM, Neil Jerram wrote: > > On Sun, 9 Jan 2022, 17:18 Samuel Banya, wrote: >> __ >> Hey there, >> >> So I've been managing my finances via an org doc that basically has tables that list all the expenses from my bank account, which has been awesome on some respects. > > I also save and process my bank account transactions with Org, and I agree that it's awesome. The bank's own website and analysis capabilities are rubbish in comparison. > > For what it's worth, my approach is: > > - Periodically download transactions when available (in OFX format, but that's not important). > > - Use Org and Babel with Scheme code to run arbitrary analyses over those, with the results displayed in Org tables. > > - Sometimes there are cases when I need an additional computation on one of the output tables, and I can do that with an Org spreadsheet formula. But if it was anything useful in the longer term, I'd add the logic to the Scheme coding instead. > > > So I'd agree with the response that this kind of thing is a bit too complex for Org table formulas alone. > > Best wishes, > Neil >>