emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Suggestions for improved suffix parsing in oc-biblatex
@ 2021-09-08 13:37 Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2021-09-08 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Hi,

I think the suffix parsing in oc-biblatex could be improved. Consider
this example:

====================================
#+cite_export: biblatex authoryear

[cite:@doe 4]

[cite:@doe 4, with some more text]
=====================================

This gives us
=====================================
\autocite[4]{doe}

\autocite[4, with some more text]{doe}
=====================================

The problem is  that biblatex will add a label if the suffix consists
only of a number, a range of numbers, or a list of numbers. So
\autocite[4]{doe} will result (Doe 2021, p. 4). However, \autocite[4,
with some more text]{doe} results in (Doe 2021, 4, with some more text).
In this special case you'd have to help biblatex:
\autocite[\pnfmt{4}, with some more text]{doe}
=> (Doe 2021, p. 4, with some more text)

FWIW, pandoc's citeproc already has some support for this. There you can
use braces to specify a locator in a complex suffix. Like so:
[cite:@doe {4}, with some more text]

I don't know how complex that is, but that would be a great addition.

Denis

* Re: Suggestions for improved suffix parsing in oc-biblatex
@ 2021-09-20 11:08 ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2021-09-20 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Bump

@ 2021-09-26 11:12 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-26 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Maier; +Cc: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Hi Denis,

Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> writes:

> I think the suffix parsing in oc-biblatex could be improved.

Can you provide a patch for this?

--
 Bastien