* Symolic link messes up org-attach?
@ 2021-02-22 16:16 Henrik Frisk
From: Henrik Frisk @ 2021-02-22 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have migrated from a OSX based system to a linux/debian system. I have
all my main org files in a directory ~/org and in OSX this was a symbolic
link to ~/a-hard-disk/org (it may have been an alias, ot sure). In Ubuntu,
however, I have lots of trouble with org-attach: I attach a file using say
copy and when I call C-c C-a o there are no attachments. Sometimes it works
but next time I open the file there are no attachments. I experienced
similar issues with links:

[[file:./img/myimage.png]]

was not found but a qualified path worked.

Could this be because of the symlink to my org directory? Is there a better
way to do it?

Best,
Henrik

* Re: Symolic link messes up org-attach?
@ 2021-02-22 17:03 ` TRS-80
From: TRS-80 @ 2021-02-22 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2021-02-22 11:16, Henrik Frisk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have migrated from a OSX based system to a linux/debian system.

Welcome to the Free World!  :D

> I have all my main org files in a directory ~/org and in OSX this was
> a symbolic link to ~/a-hard-disk/org (it may have been an alias, ot
> sure). In Ubuntu, however, I have lots of trouble with org-attach: I
> attach a file using say copy and when I call C-c C-a o there are no
> attachments. Sometimes it works but next time I open the file there
> are no attachments. I experienced similar issues with links:
>
> [[file:./img/myimage.png]]
>
> was not found but a qualified path worked.
>
> Could this be because of the symlink to my org directory? Is there a
> better way to do it?

I do not use org-attach, but I do use a lot of symlinks (at the
underlying system level), and they never give me any trouble (for
whatever that's worth).

Cheers,
TRS-80