On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 01:29:22PM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > writes: > > >> > >> <...> > > > > Ah... it would be nice if Org could "go up one level", > > wouldn't it? > > What do you mean? Not proposing to change anything, Org is what it is. Org's "sections" are somewhat stepchildren, since the primary structure is the heading. As a consequence, you "close" a section by "opening" a new one; if you start a subsection, you can't end it "going back" to the enclosing section: express this in Org:
this is some text in the main section More text
(FWIW I cop out of this by declaring that a section name of - means "going up" like so: * Main Section this is some text in the main section More text ** A Subsection Some text therein * - Now we are "back" in the main section (Note that here, the "-" gets one star, i.e. the level we are going back to: this way, most things work as they should; and it is not too hard to hack exporters to do the right thing :) Back to the case in question: Someone proposed intercalating a subsection instead of using an inline task, which would work if there were a way of "closing" that subsection; otherwise the idea messes with the document structure. Cheers -- t