I like it when I just want to read through the whole document with my screen reader, not having to page through it. I also like being able to search the whole document. And, converting it to EPUB allows me to read it on my phone when I'm away from the computer, if I want to. On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 10:37:29AM +0100, Marcin borkowski wrote: > >On 2021-02-15, at 23:45, Nick Dokos wrote: > >> Christine Köhn writes: >> >>> Hi, >>> >>> I always used the manual online as one html page but it does not seem to >>> be available since (?) the website revamp. I prefer the manual as one >>> page for many reasons. Is it still available online? >>> >> >> I've always used the one-page per section version on the web (although >> I tend to use Info much more often), primarily because I thought that >> downloading the whole manual to just look at a section or two or five >> would be inefficient - in fact, I've wondered why the single-page >> versions of various manuals (particularly the larger ones: emacs and >> elisp) are made available. So it is idle curiosity on my part, but >> what are the the reasons for your preference? > >Converting to an ebook format to read on an ebook reader is one possible >use-case. > >Best, > >-- >Marcin Borkowski >http://mbork.pl > -- Devin Prater r.d.t.prater@gmail.com