emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Clock tables and two ways to categorize tasks
@ 2020-11-19 12:25 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2020-11-19 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

here's the problem I'd like to solve.  I clock various tasks, and then
generate a clock table.  So far, so good.  But now I'd like to know
better where my time goes.  Most tasks I do have a few similar
components: discussion/research, writing code, testing, etc.  I thought
that I could create subheadlines under each of the tasks and give them
tags like :discuss:, :code:, :test:, :debug: and so on.  (Not very
convenient, but doable, maybe with a bit of Elisp to automate the
process.)

Now, I'd like to prepare two clock tables: one where I see how much time
every task took, and one where I can see how much time I spent coding,
testing, debugging, emailing etc.  I can see in the docs that there is
the ~:match~ option, but if I understand it correctly, it can only
restrict the table to /one/ tag, so I'd need to have as many tables as
I have tags - not optimal.

Any ideas?  Should I use something else than tags for that?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: Clock tables and two ways to categorize tasks
@ 2020-11-20  0:37 Bala Ramadurai
From: Bala Ramadurai @ 2020-11-20  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode