Hi Ihor, > Considering that you can only reproduce with Spacemacs, it might be > spacemacs screwing the match data. Not Org. > There is no reason to fix something not caused by Org on Org side. Agree with you, I had located the dead loop is cause by the advice function for set-window-buffer from evil package, in which the function will screw the match data. I had posted a patch to the evil-package to fix this issue. https://github.com/emacs-evil/evil/pull/1724/files Please mark this ticket as closed if you wish. Thank you Lin