* :auto-sitemap in org-publish-project-alist
@ 2020-09-26  5:34 David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2020-09-26  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

My org-publish-project-alist kind of looks like this:

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(("orgfiles"
	 :base-directory "~/DSM/MyOrg/"
	 :base-extension "org"
	 :publishing-directory "~/Publish/html/"
	 :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html
	 :headline-levels 6
	 :section-numbers t
	 :makeindex t
	 :auto-sitemap t
	 :exclude "init.org"
	 :with-toc nil)))

If I publish my files, sitemap.org is made in a buffer and written to a
file,  Thereafter, org-publish always says sitemap.org has been changed
on disk and asks about updating it.  Since it is a generated file, that
shouldn't be necessary.

Is there a way to turn that off and just have it overwrite the file?

--
David Masterson

* Re: :auto-sitemap in org-publish-project-alist ??
@ 2020-10-02  0:13 ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2020-10-02  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

> My org-publish-project-alist kind of looks like this:
>
> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>       '(("orgfiles"
> 	 :base-directory "~/DSM/MyOrg/"
> 	 :base-extension "org"
> 	 :publishing-directory "~/Publish/html/"
> 	 :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html
> 	 :headline-levels 6
> 	 :section-numbers t
> 	 :makeindex t
> 	 :auto-sitemap t
> 	 :exclude "init.org"
> 	 :with-toc nil)))
>

> If I publish my files, sitemap.org is made in a buffer and written to a
> file,  Thereafter, org-publish always says sitemap.org has been changed
> on disk and asks about updating it.  Since it is a generated file, that
> shouldn't be necessary.
>
> Is there a way to turn that off and just have it overwrite the file?

Anyone seeing this?
--

@ 2020-10-06 10:22   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-10-06 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

> David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:
>
>> My org-publish-project-alist kind of looks like this:
>>
>> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>>       '(("orgfiles"
>> 	 :base-directory "~/DSM/MyOrg/"
>> 	 :base-extension "org"
>> 	 :publishing-directory "~/Publish/html/"
>> 	 :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html
>> 	 :headline-levels 6
>> 	 :section-numbers t
>> 	 :makeindex t
>> 	 :auto-sitemap t
>> 	 :exclude "init.org"
>> 	 :with-toc nil)))
>>

>> If I publish my files, sitemap.org is made in a buffer and written to a
>> file,  Thereafter, org-publish always says sitemap.org has been changed
>> on disk and asks about updating it.  Since it is a generated file, that
>> shouldn't be necessary.
>>
>> Is there a way to turn that off and just have it overwrite the file?
>
> Anyone seeing this?

No. Could you M-x toggle-degug-on-quit, reproduce it, C-g when you're
asked about updating the file, and send the backtrace?

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: :auto-sitemap in org-publish-project-alist ??
@ 2020-10-07  4:00     ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2020-10-07  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:
>
>> David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:
>>
>>> My org-publish-project-alist kind of looks like this:
>>>
>>> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>>>       '(("orgfiles"
>>> 	 :base-directory "~/DSM/MyOrg/"
>>> 	 :base-extension "org"
>>> 	 :publishing-directory "~/Publish/html/"
>>> 	 :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html
>>> 	 :headline-levels 6
>>> 	 :section-numbers t
>>> 	 :makeindex t
>>> 	 :auto-sitemap t
>>> 	 :exclude "init.org"
>>> 	 :with-toc nil)))
>>>

>>> If I publish my files, sitemap.org is made in a buffer and written to a
>>> file,  Thereafter, org-publish always says sitemap.org has been changed
>>> on disk and asks about updating it.  Since it is a generated file, that
>>> shouldn't be necessary.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to turn that off and just have it overwrite the file?
>>
>> Anyone seeing this?
>
> No. Could you M-x toggle-degug-on-quit, reproduce it, C-g when you're
> asked about updating the file, and send the backtrace?

I'm confused -- now it works!  Maybe when I updated to 9.4?  The
org-publish process seems to be taking a lot longer to walk thru the
files like it is checking more deeply.  It rebuilds the sitemap file and
runs it thru latex to produce a pdf which is correct.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if the problem comes back.

Thanks
--
David Masterson