Maxim Nikulin writes: > On 19/01/2021 08:53, Christopher Miles wrote: >> >> For this problem, do you have any workable solution patch? > > Maybe for a while it is better to avoid xdg-open or other handlers that > launch actual viewers in background. E.g. to replace xdg-open with > actual handlers in mailcap. > > I attach a draft patch that just demonstrates my intention to use > make-process. It intentionally does not use shell to run the command and > such change could be breaking for some part of users. I have not tested > if regexp substitutions for org-file-apps entries are not broken. > > In kubuntu-18.04 I do not have any xdg-open entries in the system > mailcap file. Even if I add such line to the user's file, I could not > reproduce the problem with any of the real handler configured for the > image/png type and launched by xdg-open: geeqie, gwenview, feh. I have > no idea concerning the reason: older xdg-open version, other code > working in xdg-open for kde desktop, or limited resources allocated to > qemu virtual machine with ubuntu-20.04 where I can reproduce the problem. Thanks for your working. I will modify my mailcap config temporary until Org Mode fix this issue. You're right, this change might break some behavior of some users. I don't understand Emacs sub-process mechanism. Can't help on this problem. But I'm interested in this. I will take some time to study in. Anyway, thanks for your work. Regards, -- [ stardiviner ] I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express. Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/ IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3