emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Implementing ox-beamer property support in ox-latex.
@ 2022-06-21 12:14 bob--- via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: bob--- via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2022-06-21 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Orgmode

Dear list,

I recently fell in love with the properties support provided by ox-beamer.
Especially in combination with an appropriate column view, this feature allows you to create complex presentations and maintain a good overview of all slides, layouts and possible transitions.

Today I attempted to implement similar behaviour for ox-latex, with moderate success.

The problem that I encountered was that you can't easily "close" environments.
The example below shows what I mean:
* First section
** First subsection
Some text before the definition.
*** Definition 1
:PROPERTIES:
:LATEX_ENV: definition
:END:
This is a definition
*** This title is ignored and very ugly
:PROPERTIES:
:LATEX_ENV: empty
:END:
Some text behind the definition.
** Subsection
This is a new subsection.

Expands to:
\begin{document}\section{First section}
\subsection{First subsection}
Some text before the definition.
\begin{definition}[Definition 1]
This is a definition
\end{definition}
Some text behind the definition.
\subsection{Subsection}
This is a new subsection.
\end{document}

In order to indicate that the body of definition 1 has endend, I needed to create an empty block which is ignored by the exporter.

Is there an elegant way to solve this problem and to "close" a heading?
Maybe in the form of an alternative carriage return character or a multiple line breaks?

Kind regards,
Bob

* Re: Implementing ox-beamer property support in ox-latex.
@ 2022-06-22 10:22 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2022-06-22 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bob--- via General discussions about Org-mode.; +Cc: bob@vergauwen.me

On Tuesday, 21 Jun 2022 at 14:14, bob--- via "General discussions about Org-mode." wrote:
> The problem that I encountered was that you can't easily "close" environments.
> The example below shows what I mean:

You would probably find things easier using special blocks, e.g.

* First section
** First subsection
Some text before the definition.
#+begin_definition
This is a definition
#+end_definition
Some text behind the definition.
** Subsection
This is a new subsection.

: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.3-507-g4f0f24 in Emacs 29.0.50