Dear list, I recently fell in love with the properties support provided by ox-beamer.  Especially in combination with an appropriate column view, this feature allows you to create complex presentations and maintain a good overview of all slides, layouts and possible transitions.  Today I attempted to implement similar behaviour for ox-latex, with moderate success.  The problem that I encountered was that you can't easily "close" environments.  The example below shows what I mean: * First section ** First subsection Some text before the definition. *** Definition 1 :PROPERTIES: :LATEX_ENV: definition :END: This is a definition *** This title is ignored and very ugly :PROPERTIES: :LATEX_ENV: empty :END: Some text behind the definition. ** Subsection This is a new subsection. Expands to:  \begin{document}\section{First section} \subsection{First subsection} Some text before the definition. \begin{definition}[Definition 1] This is a definition \end{definition} Some text behind the definition. \subsection{Subsection} This is a new subsection. \end{document} In order to indicate that the body of definition 1 has endend, I needed to create an empty block which is ignored by the exporter.  Is there an elegant way to solve this problem and to "close" a heading? Maybe in the form of an alternative carriage return character or a multiple line breaks? Kind regards,  Bob