Hi, OK, got it, I'll check and implement everything tomorrow when I'm back on my desk... Am 11. August 2024 15:47:30 MESZ schrieb Ihor Radchenko : >Orm Finnendahl writes: > >>> Also, as a side note, this docstring does not follow docstring >>> conventions. Try M-x checkdoc >> >> I corrected it adding your suggestion explicitely. Checkdoc doesn't >> complain about this one any more, but complains all over the place >> with other docstrings not written by me as well, so I'm not >> sure. Please check again. > >> (defvar org-export-multipage-split-functions nil >> "List of functions applied to the parse tree. >> The functions are applied only, when multipage output is >> requested. They are called after the parse tree has been split >> for multipage output. > >This is kind of accurate (because of the implementation details), but >very confusing. Mostly because this docstring also serves as the >docstring for :filter-multipage-split export option. I'd prefer to be a >bit more explicit in the design. > >Maybe, instead of using the same :filter-multipage-split option both to >perform the document splitting and to post-process it, we can introduce >two export options: > >1. :multipage-split-function - the function (always one function!) to > perform the split > >2. :filter-multipage - functions applied on document AST after it is > processed by :multipage-split-function. > >>> I do not see `org-export-transcode-multipage' in >>> https://github.com/ormf/org-mode/tree/org-html-multipage >>> >>> Did you forget to push some commits? >> >> No, that was a typo in my mail. It should have said: >> >>> I factored out org-html-transcode-multipage to >>> org-export-transcode-org-data and got rid of >>> org-html-transcode-multipage. > >I think you misunderstood what I was asking about. >My point is that `org-html-transcode-org-page' largely duplicates what >is already done in `org-export-transcode-org-data' - processing >'inner-templtate and 'template. My suggestion is to move generic parts >of `org-html-transcode-org-page' to ox.el and call it >`org-export-transcode-org-page'. > >-- >Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, >Org mode contributor, >Learn more about Org mode at . >Support Org development at , >or support my work at ----------------- Prof. Orm Finnendahl Komposition Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Eschersheimer Landstr. 29-39 60322 Frankfurt am Main