On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Kyle Meyer wrote: > Nathaniel Flath writes: > >> After upgrading to the latest org-mode, tag completion when filtering >> in the agenda was broken - I had to fully enter the tag, despite using >> ido (eg I would have a tag 'home', and 'ho-enter' would not compete). > > [...] > >> * org-agenda.el (org-agenda-filter-by-tag): >> (org-agenda-filter-by-tag): pass t to require-match argument of completing-read. > > ^ repeated function name > Removed that in patch attached. >> This causes ido-mode to complete tags properly when inputting partial matches, rather >> that just sending the typed input. > > Wouldn't this mean that, in general, ido won't complete partial matches > properly when require-match is nil? That doesn't sound right. > > I'm not an ido user, but testing with > > (require 'ido-ubiquitous) > (ido-ubiquitous-mode 1) > > partial completion seems to work fine when I hit tab after calling > org-agenda-filter-by-tag. Are you using ido-ubiquitous, or are you > using some other package to get ido completion for non-file/buffer > completion? The issue is that that 'tab' is required - in the previous version of org, this was not required and 'enter' would do the completion for you. > > In this particular case, your change looks OK because I think all useful > values should be in the collection. But I don't understand why you're > not able to do partial completion without this change. Are you running > into the same issue everywhere else that completing-read is called with > a nil value for require-match? I haven't checked everywhere else - presumably. > > -- > Kyle