Anywhere you use a link or button, you can probably use an emacs command instead. I think maybe the value of links and buttons is that they're explicit. It's a reminder in the text and you don't have to learn it. One thing I noticed in my little "recalc" exercise is that Hyperbole really really wants the cursor to stay on the button. I used function advice to make the cursor stay where it was when you clicked the button. This allows "menubars" to work, lists of buttons that can operate on the text without warping the cursor to the buttons. This is how Oberon and WIly work and I think Hyperbole (for my use cases anyway) will benefit from this usage style. -- Bill On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 6:15 PM Russell Adams wrote: > On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 05:26:30PM +0200, Russell Adams wrote: > > Is there some keen feature I'm missing? What's the use case for > > Hyperbole if you're already an Org-mode user? > > Watching the replies, I've noticed it all seems to come back to > hyperlinking / hot button support across Emacs modes. Almost sounds > like Apple's Hypercard is evoked in the responses. > > I rarely use Org's own links, much less links between documents so > maybe I'm not the target audience. > > ------------------------------------------------------------------ > Russell Adams RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.com > https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/ > >