emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Fwd: bug#57213: 27.1; statistics of repeated tasks
       [not found] <CAOotu0NS-+gv14BnC4W8hqN1yaXu9m+C9vTrHPNznDWa4exUyw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-08-15  3:59 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-15  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Abhisek Panigrahi

Forwarding from debbugs.

Abhisek, we usually discuss Org development in a dedicated mailing list.
See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html

As for your suggestion, the idea is reasonable. Patches are welcome :)

Note that statistic cookies have a very specific format [NN%] or [N/M].
I guess you can treat, say, [NN%] as percentage of time the habit was
actually done vs. planned to be done.

Also, you may modify org-habit-insert-consistency-graphs to provide more
statistic information.

From: Abhisek Panigrahi @ 2022-08-15 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for the reply Ihor,

I would have worked on the patch, but I don't know elisp or lisp language!

- Abhisek

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 9:28 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> Forwarding from debbugs.
>
> Abhisek, we usually discuss Org development in a dedicated mailing list.
> See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html
>
> As for your suggestion, the idea is reasonable. Patches are welcome :)
>
> Note that statistic cookies have a very specific format [NN%] or [N/M].
> I guess you can treat, say, [NN%] as percentage of time the habit was
> actually done vs. planned to be done.
>
> Also, you may modify org-habit-insert-consistency-graphs to provide more
> statistic information.

* [FEATURE REQUEST] statistics of repeated tasks
@ 2022-08-16  4:10     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-16  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhisek Panigrahi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Abhisek Panigrahi <pnabhisek@gmail.com> writes:

> I would have worked on the patch, but I don't know elisp or lisp language!

Then, you may detail your proposal on how you envision this new
statistics feature: (1) how and where it should be displayed; (2) when
it is going to be useful.

Note that I changed the email subject to bring this thread to the
attention of other Org mailing list members.

If there is sufficient interest, someone else may step up and implement
the feature.

I will probably add this to my todo-list, but my list is very too long
already. I currently prioritize bugs and more widely requested features.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at https://orgmode.org/.
Support Org development at https://liberapay.com/org-mode,
or support my work at https://liberapay.com/yantar92

* Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] statistics of repeated tasks
@ 2022-08-19 13:14       ` Abhisek Panigrahi
From: Abhisek Panigrahi @ 2022-08-19 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode