Hi, I needed this function to copy contents from an org spreadsheet to a Web page and I see it may be useful to others. Take a look and if you find it useful, I'll add the changelog stuff. Thanks for the guidance ;-) Best, /PA On Fri, 3 May 2024 at 21:50, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes: > > >>> It would be great to have a thing-at-point handler that returns a cell > in > >>> and org table. The most simple use case is to have a table in an > org-file > >>> with data that you need to transfer to an online Web page. Being able > to > >>> (copy-as-kill ...) a cell's contents could speed up the whole > process... > >> > >> May you please elaborate on how exactly `thing-at-point' will help > copy-as-kill? > >  > > Hi Ihor, of course this was just an example. The thing-at-point would > make it easier to write a copy-as-kill-cell function. > > Then, you can just use `org-element-context' and/or `org-element-at-point'. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at > -- Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler Headaches with a Juju log: unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet