On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 12:19 AM, Matt Price wrote: > > > On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > >> On Friday, 9 Dec 2016 at 16:42, Matt Price wrote: >> > I think I am getting closer, actually (details soon, when I have a >> > fully working solution)). >> >> I look forward to seeing it! >> > > OK, I've run into the limits of my knowledge. > > There are at least 2 plugins that will give a live code execution > environemnt within an HTML presentation: > - RevealEditor, which adds one global Ace editor instance to the > presentation, and which shows the live rendering of HTML, CSS, and JS code > when the html encoding follows the format: > >
[1,2,3].map ((x) => x + 1)

> > > - klipse, which instantiates a new instance of CodeMirror for every > appropriately formatted set of tags in the form: > > [1,2,3].map ((x) => x + 1) > > Meanwhile, html export (and also reveal export) will give something more like: > >
[1,2,3].map ((x) => x + 1)

> I would like to conditionally export
>
> - revealeditor-compatible code if (a) a flag "org-reveal-use-editor" is set AND (b) the code block meets certain criteria, e.g. language and maybe something in the header like "make-live t"
>
> - klipse-compatible code if (a) a flag "org-reveal-klipsify is set AND similar conditions to (b) above
>
> - standard html output if neither of the above conditions is met.
>
> What are the best ways do achieve this, do you think? Thanks guys,

I *think* that I'm looking for an export filter. From what I can see, it
has access to all the information that  the  initial export function does.
So now I'm wondering what the easiest way is to set a simple flag for a src
block, and make that flag available to the export filter.  For instance, if
I want a particular block to be renderd in klipse on export, could I
specify somehow:

#+HEADER: klipsify t
#+BEGIN_SRC: javascript
console.log("success");
#+END_SRC

or alternatively in a subtree:

* Lots of Examples
:PROPERTIES:
#+PROPERTY: header-args:javascript  :klipsify t
:END:

#+BEGIN_SRC: javascript
console.log("success");
#+END_SRC