On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 5:06 AM, Rasmus wrote: > Hi all, > > >> It might be worth investigating whether you can just run Klipse on
> >> blocks as that would potentially make it backward compatible.
> >> Potentially, an extension to Klipse that recognizes Org src blocks (in
> >> html) might be nice.
> >>
> > I think that should be pretty straighforward.
>
> Yeah, the link in Bastien's twitter post shows there's already a setting
> for it
>

> I don’t know if much more support is needed.  We add some automatic
> configuration scripting or add a per-block switch for enabling klipse.
>
> Two more little things. HTML blocks can't use the standard editor so they
need an extra attribute `data-editor-style="html"`

Also, Klipse supports including comma-separated external scripts to the
execution environment with the `data-external-libs` attribute

I have been using
#+ATTR_HTML :code_attribs data-external-libs="
http://jquery.org/jquery.js,./lib/01.js".  I'm doing it in tandem with the
:tangle header, exporting previous code snippets and adding them to the
execution environment as I go (just for fun).  I don't know if there's a
better way to do this, potentially maybe trying to partially co-ordinate
the execution environments for klipse and org so that executing code in org
and in the html export gives similar results.  Seems a little ambitious.

Also, it would be nice if klipse had an elisp REPL since so many org users
blog about elisp.

> >> The Klipse license is GPL3.
> >>

> > Is org GPL2 or GPL3? Are there any compatibility issues between the two?
>
> No, it was meant as a compliment of a sort.

:-)