I haven't tried other types except jpeg and png. Actually, I use few inline images. Most of my images are large. They should be resized to look pretty on emacs. But to resize them I need to build emacs with ImageMagick. And I haven't tried that yet. On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 3:18 AM, Herbert Sitz wrote: > Ben gmail.com> writes: > > > > You can download the corresponding dlls from ezwinports [fn:1] and > put them into emacs's `bin` directory. > > > > There are some instructions in the "Image support" part on page [fn:2]. > > > > [fn:2] https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/ > > > > Strangely, the instructions and files work only for a couple formats I > tried. > > jpeg,png -- work perfectly > > svg -- works, but so far not inline. I.e., I can click on link and image > will show up in another Emacs buffer, but can't get it to show up inline. > > tiff -- can't get this to work at all. When clicking on it, it shows > character-mode garbage in separate buffer, along with error message. This > is despite fact that dynamic-library-alist shows the same files as I copied > to the bin folder. > > Not a huge deal for me, since jpeg and png are what I wanted most. But > still seems a little odd; I have no idea what problems are with svg and > tiff. >