Some projects have a logo, which one may want to add to the beginning of a HTML document. Eg like this (before authors and Title): [image: image.png] Right now I have to resort to a bad kludge to do that: a local variable in the org file: #+comment: -*- org-html-preamble: "

Author: %a
(%e)

Date: %d

" -*- And also this in my org setup: (put 'org-html-preamble 'safe-local-variable 'stringp) I looked at (org-export-define-backend 'html :options-alist (:html-preamble nil "html-preamble" org-html-preamble) and the help for org-export-options-alist: this word "html-preamble" corresponds to: OPTION is a string that could be found in an #+OPTIONS: line. So I tried this, but it had no effect" #+OPTION: html-preamble: "

Author: %a
(%e)

Date: %d

" Minor note: normally, I distribute the standard variables between preamble and postamble as follows: (setq org-html-preamble-format '(("en" "

Author: %a (%e)

Date: %d

")) org-html-postamble t ; was 'auto which inserts author, date: but I want those in preamble org-html-postamble-format '(("en" "

Exported by %c

%v

")) )