Hi, After the following steps: - Start a capture. - Move to end of capture buffer (M->). - Type some text. - Abort capture (C-c C-k). the capture is aborted but its contents are not removed from the target buffer and the following message is shown: "Capture process aborted, but target buffer could not be cleaned up correctly" I am a attaching a patch that adds a test case showing up the problem and includes a proposed fix (setting the capture kill end marker insertion type). I am not sure whether the fix might affect something else. Does the fix makes sense?