Hi Nicolas On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Michael Brand wrote: > Due to lexical binding in org.el there was a change in > `org-file-apps', see Org News for version 9.0 and e. g. this thread: > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/104272 > I think the most convenient would be if `org-open-file' tries to find > out that `cmd' in this case is a function with only one argument and > call it with just `file'. Only after a closer look I saw that the single parameter of `org-pdfview-open' is not `file' but `link'. It is probably better for `org-open-file' to not guess in case of `cmd' with a single parameter whether it is meant to be `file' or `link'. That leads me to suggest the attached patch to be reviewed that checks the function signature. Michael