emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* bugs in the new release of org
@ 2020-10-03  3:04 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-10-03  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

a few things are broken for me in the new version of maint.  my
computer use is limited, so i am taking them slowly..

emacs 25.

any hints are welcome.  i am not able to proceed further.

1.

this export does nothing, with no errors or warnings:

  (org-export-to-buffer 'ascii "alpha-org-export-output.txt" nil
'subtree nil 'body-only)

prior to the recent release, it exported.

i tried emacs -Q with C-c C-e A, this said that it was unable to
resolve a link.  however, the link was outside the subtree.  i do not
know why it would look there.  also i do not know why it woul dtry to
resolve a link.  or rather i don't know what that means.

the link seems ok.  it is an org id link.  so why is it erroring?  i
don't know.  does this have anything to do with the errorless
no-result problem i am trying to debug?  i could not be sure.

i also tried edebug, but that quickly exceeds my limits.  i did
unwisely do a few levels, but everything returned nothing.  for
example, the export-as function returned an empty string.

any comments or hints, even small ones, would be appreciated.  i am
not able to debug this.

2.

another broken thing, in case it rings a bell for anybody, is that i
had eldoc set up to emit link target when hovering cursor/pointer.  i
think this uses
help echo.  that stopped working.  if this does not trigger a priori
ideas, i will let it stay broken.

thank you.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html

* Re: bugs in the new release of org
@ 2020-10-03  3:12 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-10-03  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

a couple of corrections to my previous post.

the keystrokes are C-c C-e t A after setting subtree and body only.

pointer actually works for showing the link.  just not cursor.

@ 2020-10-13 23:09   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-10-13 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

a little more information in case it is useful:

in emacs25 -Q with recent maint, this code fails to export; it errors
if there is an org-id link anywhere in the tree.

  (org-export-as 'html 'subtree nil 'body-only nil)

the same bug arises with ascii export.

it seems like a bug that a link should make the export fail.  the link
is to another file not being exported.  note also that this is a
subtree export with body only.

[btw, the docstring says "When optional argument BODY-ONLY is non-nil,
only return body
code, without surrounding template."  it does not way what template
means.  perhaps the docstring could say?]

with my regular .emacs instead of -Q, it does not error but returns an
empty string.  this made debugging confusing.

it scrolls the buffer slightly for unknown reasons.  this could
perhaps be called a minor bug.

random testcase.  you can run using m-: on the top line.

===
* NAKA cables :export:
*** NAKA hdmi :export:
text
***** NOTE buy from a company who makes the connectors ---
[[https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/251889-hdmi-shielding/][HDMI
shielding? - General AV Discussion - StereoNET]]
***** test no body :export:
***** test body :export:
text
***** noexport monoprice if nothing else but i must have rejected it.
ferrite core.
text
***** [[http://www.alphawire.com/en/Company/Blog/2014/July/Outgassing%2520and%2520Cables][Outgassing
and Cables]] A very handy resource is the NASA Outgassing Database
:export:
text
http://outgassing.nasa.gov/cgi/uncgi/search/search_html.sh.
===

@ 2024-01-24 14:07     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-01-24 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> in emacs25 -Q with recent maint, this code fails to export; it errors
> if there is an org-id link anywhere in the tree.
>
>   (org-export-as 'html 'subtree nil 'body-only nil)

I assume that this no longer happens in the supported versions of Emacs
(currently - Emacs 27).
Let us know if you still see problems.

Canceled.

--