emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
To: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
Cc: Greg Minshall <minshall@umich.edu>,
	Neil Jerram <neiljerram@gmail.com>,
	Charles Berry <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>,
	Samuel Banya <sbanya@fastmail.com>
Subject: Re: Question Regarding Creating Workflow For Automatic Formulas For Finance Based Org Spreadsheet
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:44:41 -0700	[thread overview]

fwiw, my experience: double entry is what i found ledger useful for.
iiuc it is that transactions go from one place to another, which felt
intuitive to me.

anything else, such as taking monthly averages, didn't end up as i
expected.  weird concept of average to me, and v3 bugs with floating
point etc.  i could never get them to be pretty.

so the example you give of ledger's rough edge is actually the one
non-rough-edge i found in ledger.  in org, i hae a shell babel block
ad an exampale or ledge block for data.

i find it strange that agenda searching doesn't find stuff in the
ledger data block, and would want org dates if poss.  i did not try to
use ledger properly with its emacs mode.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com