Hi all, I've been using org-mode for some time to manage a course website, and I developed a hack for source blocking where if I use the +NAME tag for source doe like so: #+NAME: helloworld.cpp #+BEGIN_SRC c++ -r #include (ref:include) using namespace std; (ref:namespace) // Hello World in C++ int main(int argc, char * argv[]){ cout << "Hello World" << endl; (ref:speak) } #+END_SRC Then I could retrieve the name tag in the HTML source via the id when exported, like so:

I can then use the id tag and CSS to have it float next to the code like
this:

[image: Inline image 1]

However, since I updated org-mode recently to version 8.3.2, the +NAME
tagging is no longer user defined. Instead, it get's a generic, org defined
name, such as orgsrcblock1. This means my little hack no longer works and I
get something that looks like this in the HTML exporting:

I have two questions for the group:

1) Is there a way to overwrite the generic source block naming? Or turn off
this feature somewhere? I can't seem to figure that out for myself.

2) Is there another hack that someone can suggest? For example, is there a
way to have a user defined
tag around the src code that will get exported? Thanks! adam -- Adam J. Aviv, PhD *Asst. Professor* *Computer Science* *U.S. Naval Academy* *(410) 293- 6655*