maybe hippie-expand? otherwise, you can write your own code to search the buffer for entries, and use them as the collection for completing-read. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 8:08 PM, Vikas Rawal wrote: > I am adding index entries in an org document, to be used with makeidx > latex package. While the usual \index commands are working without any > problem, I was wondering if anyone knows of an existing emacs utility that > would add an autocomplete kind of facility (on the basis of previous > entries) while making new entries. > > Sorry, this is not strictly about orgmode but about emacs. Please excuse > me for that. > > Vikas >