hm. what is xenops doing? That isn't a package I use, but my results drawers are also closed when opening a file. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his) Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 4:16 PM Richard Stanton wrote: > It works fine when I use emacs -Q, so I did some hunting around and > discovered that it’s a bad interaction with the xenops package. A shame, as > this package does a great job of almost-real-time previewing of LaTeX > equations, figure and tables. > > > > On May 11, 2022, at 10:51 AM, Richard Stanton > wrote: > > > > I see that the same question was asked by John Kitchin in 2016. The > accepted answer back then was either to put > > > > #+STARTUP: showeverything > > > > at the top of the org file or to use (setq org-startup-folded > "showeverything”). > > > > I don’t know if something has changed in org since then, but neither of > these seems to work for me at the moment. All of my :results: drawers start > out and remain hidden until I click on them and press TAB. > > > > > >> On May 11, 2022, at 9:52 AM, Richard Stanton > wrote: > >> > >> I’m creating documents where I run Python code blocks that create LaTeX > mathematical output that I want to be able to export to either LaTeX/PDF or > HTML. > >> > >> Using :wrap in the header works fine, except that LaTeX complains about > the unknown environment “results” (it still compiles the file to PDF fine). > >> > >> Using :wrap export latex works fine for LaTeX export, but I can’t get > HTML that way. > >> > >> The recommended method seems to be to use :results drawer. This works > fine from an export perspective to both LaTeX/PDF and to HTML. However, it > has one significant drawback when I’m actually creating the document: the > results drawer starts out hidden and to see what’s there I have to click on > it. This makes debugging the code in the first place a lot less convenient. > >> > >> Is there a way to use :results drawer and have the results NOT hidden > by default? > >> > >> Thanks for any suggestions! > >> > >> Richard Stanton > >> > >> > > > > >