emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com>
Cc: org-mode-email <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: export to latex but *not* export the citations
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 12:17:12 -0800	[thread overview]

I don't think that it is possible for the snippet I sent to remove the the
parentheses as they are not part of the link.

You can either replace them all interactively with a regexp, e.g.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(goto-char (point-min))
(query-replace-regexp "(\\(cite:.*\\))" "\\1")
#+END_SRC

That regexp assumes they are all cite links (e.g. no citep, etc), and that
there are no spaces between the (). This is what I would do, it should
prompt you for each replacement, and you will end up pressing y 381 times.

Alternatively, you can use this approach to remove the links from a copy of
the buffer right before it is exported. This will leave the original links
in place.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(let ((org-export-before-processing-hook (lambda (backend)
   (goto-char (point-max))
   (while (re-search-backward "(cite:.*)" nil t)
     (setf (buffer-substring (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0)) "")))))
  (org-latex-export-as-latex))
#+END_SRC

John

Professor John Kitchin