emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Emacs on the beach?
       [not found] <mailman.51.1655308846.20293.emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
@ 2022-06-15 18:06 ` ypuntot
From: ypuntot @ 2022-06-15 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If you wanted to play with Emacs on the beach or sitting in front of your home, what would be your emacser setup?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/KTLsNrW.jpg[/img]

* Re: Emacs on the beach?
@ 2022-06-15 19:26   ` Martin Schöön
From: Martin Schöön @ 2022-06-15 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

No idea.

Your subject made me think of an opera by Philip Glass:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_on_the_Beach
:-)

/Martin

@ 2022-08-15 15:45   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2022-08-15 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ypuntot; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

* ypuntot <ypuntot@gmail.com> [2022-06-15 21:08]:
> If you wanted to play with Emacs on the beach or sitting in front of
> your home, what would be your emacser setup?

On the beach, I would be creative and use Markdown to write articles
for websites. It would include capturing pictures by mobile phone and
sorting them into a note taking system.

In front of my home, I would let Emacs send my advertising to
thousands of people while I would enjoy in swimming pool.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: Emacs on the beach?
@ 2022-08-15 23:54     ` Quiliro Ordóñez
From: Quiliro Ordóñez @ 2022-08-15 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ypuntot, emacs-orgmode

El 2022-08-15 10:45, Jean Louis escribió:
> * ypuntot <ypuntot@gmail.com> [2022-06-15 21:08]:
>> If you wanted to play with Emacs on the beach or sitting in front of
>> your home, what would be your emacser setup?
>
> On the beach, I would be creative and use Markdown to write articles
> for websites. It would include capturing pictures by mobile phone and
> sorting them into a note taking system.

Why not publish directly with org?

> In front of my home, I would let Emacs send my advertising to
> thousands of people while I would enjoy in swimming pool.

How do you advertize with Emacs to thousands of people?  (Now few
non-hackers use email.)

Great image about working on Emacs on the beach, by the way.  :-)

* Re: Emacs on the beach?
@ 2022-08-16  5:13     ` Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2022-08-16  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * ypuntot <ypuntot@gmail.com> [2022-06-15 21:08]:
>> If you wanted to play with Emacs on the beach or sitting in front of
>> your home, what would be your emacser setup?

I live in Waikiki and the beach is a five minute walk from
home.

I would have my Android phone, which I've set up with Termux
and my full Emacs working environment of course including all
the org-mode stuff that I pretty much live by. I could do a
good 95% of what I can do at home while on the beach.

A Bluetooth keyboard would help, of course. And an umbrella
for shade since my phone screen doesn't do well in bright
sunlight.

But of course I wouldn't do any of that because that's not why
I would go to the beach in the first place!

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

- Via GNU/Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB

* Re: Emacs on the beach?
@ 2022-09-27 12:57       ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2022-09-27 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quiliro Ordóñez; +Cc: ypuntot, emacs-orgmode

* Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> [2022-08-16 02:55]:
> El 2022-08-15 10:45, Jean Louis escribió:
> > * ypuntot <ypuntot@gmail.com> [2022-06-15 21:08]:
> >> If you wanted to play with Emacs on the beach or sitting in front of
> >> your home, what would be your emacser setup?
> >
> > On the beach, I would be creative and use Markdown to write articles
> > for websites. It would include capturing pictures by mobile phone and
> > sorting them into a note taking system.
>
> Why not publish directly with org?

Org has too many constraints or limitations for me.

I like to mix lightweight markup languages and to have finely grained
elementary objects that each can link to each other. That works only
with the relational database such as PostgreSQL.

My websites are all in HTML, but their underlying lightweight markup
languages are various: markdown, Org, txt2tags, asciidoc, asciidoctor,
Kotl from Hyperbole package, I can have pages in pure HTML that mix
with others, I can use different versions of Markdown or any other
markup and processor.

> > In front of my home, I would let Emacs send my advertising to
> > thousands of people while I would enjoy in swimming pool.
>
> How do you advertize with Emacs to thousands of people?  (Now few
> non-hackers use email.)

As on the beach, computer may be in the shade while me I am enjoying.

For advertising, I use letters, fax, SMS, email and program that
handles it. E-mail is currently main commuication line, SMS is follow
up, we also use calls and I delegate to people all over the world the
tasks straight from Emacs.

My function below lists all people assigned to tasks not completed.

(defun cf-hyperscope-list-assigned-people ()
  "List of people assigned to tasks."
  (interactive)
  (let* ((id-list (rcd-sql-list "SELECT DISTINCT hyobjects_assignedperson
                                 FROM hyobjects
                                 WHERE hyobjects_assignedperson IS NOT NULL
                                 AND hyobjects_actionstatuses != 1"
				cf-db)))
    (cf-people-by-id-list id-list "List of people assigned to tasks, worldwide")))

Sending messages to people involves various tags, so I do it as here
below. Obviously I can target people by country, city, or include,
exclude some countries, include or exclude some tags, and so on.

                             ID   350
                   Date created   "2022-09-26 09:56:04.906847"
                  Date modified   nil
                           Date   nil
                           Time   nil
                    People list   nil
                        Subject   "Request to become organic vanilla supplier"
                           Sent   nil
                       Template   "Plain HTML5 for `rcd-template-eval'"
                   Mailing List   "Vanilla Sales"
                       Priority   100
                           Type   "Mailing List"
                          Delay   "1"
                       Interval   "Second(s)"
                       Language   "English"
                       Periodic   nil
                      Blast now   t
                     Blast once   nil
                       Max date   nil
                       Max time   nil
                      Time zone   nil
                        Weekday   nil
              Include countries   nil
              Exclude countries   nil
                  Hyperdocument   "Request to become organic vanilla supplier"
                         Format   "Text and HTML"
                           City   nil
                        Country   nil
                Include by tags   nil
                Exclude by tags   nil

Then a package rcd-mailing, which does work, but also deserves
rcd-mess name, it handles those constraints and keeps the algorithm to
which person to send which message. As if person received the message,
I don't want to bother person again, right? So the program loops over
lists of people belonging to some mailing lists and sends messages of
any kind like email or SMS, fax, XMPP and Telegram is possible, and
messages are sent one by one to people by specific intervals. Sending
letters is possible, just one has to print them and mail them
physically.

Emacs in development version already has SQLite built-in, so one shall
think about it, as that will tremendously improve the usage of Emacs,
including for Org mode.

My package for people relationship management is not ready for SQLite,
but I see there would be no problems to switch from PostgreSQL to
SQLite, it needs some time. Managing people

You can see video here, a small insight how people management works,
with example of your email address as starting point:
https://gnu.support/images/2022/09/2022-09-27/2022-09-27-15:48:36.ogv